If you’re grounded in the basics of Swift, Xcode, and the Cocoa framework, this book provides a structured explanation of all essential real-world iOS app components. Through deep exploration and copious code examples, you’ll learn how to create views, manipulate view controllers, and add features from iOS frameworks.
- Create, arrange, draw, layer, and animate views that respond to touch
- Use view controllers to manage multiple screens of interface
- Master interface classes for scroll views, table views, text, popovers, split views, web views, and controls
- Dive into frameworks for sound, video, maps, and sensors
- Access user libraries: music, photos, contacts, and calendar
- Explore files, networking, and threads
Stay up-to-date on iOS 13 innovations, such as:
- Symbol images
- Light and dark mode
- Sheet presentation
- Diffable data sources and compositional layout
- Context menus and previews
- Window scene delegates and multiple windows on iPad
Want to brush up on the basics? Pick up iOS 13 Programming Fundamentals with Swift to learn about Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa. Together with Programming iOS 13, you’ll gain a solid, rigorous, and practical understanding of iOS 13 development.